Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access http header parameters in Qlikview script?

Hi,

I am new to QlikView. I have created a QlikView sample application and have deployed it on Qlikview server as User document.

Now I want to pass some parameters in Http header that I want use in QlikView script so that I can control the data being shown.

Please help me with this or provide me any document or link.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Take a look within the various attachments of this discussion: DMS Header Authentication - Windows Authentication Prompt.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you want to control which data are accessable to which user you will need Section Access.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the Reply.

I have implemented sectional access in my document but it will ask for login to do so.

My requirement is to pass the authenticated user and its role in request header and use it to control the data to be shown.

Does it possible with QlikView? Please guide me with this.

marcus_sommer

You could use header authentication to authenticate the users but you couldn't do any autorization with them - the autorization with section access happens within the application by opening them.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus,

Could please help me with any useful document or link if you have on Header authentication.

marcus_sommer

Take a look within the various attachments of this discussion: DMS Header Authentication - Windows Authentication Prompt.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Marcus.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I have used that document and it works fine with header based Authentication.

Now I want use the user (Passed in Header) in section access.

How to use that user in QlikView script to filter data accordingly.

Thanks in Advance.

marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure by a header authentication but I think it's the same like by a normal authentication per active directory (NT) or per custom users (DMS) so that you could just use NTNAME for it within the section access.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

It works,

I am passing user name from header and now I can use that username in my section access table.

Ex.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME, COUNTRY   

ADMIN, GANESH, INDIA

USER, RAJNISH, USA

USER, SHAISHAV, UK

];

Section Application;

Result :

Rajnish can see only USA related data.

Thanks for the help