Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to work out a bar chart of sales per staff in Qlik sense?

Hi all,

I got 2 tables with

Table A recorded the sale:

MonthDistrictSub-districtCompany A SaleCompany B SaleCompany C Sale
Jan-16HKMid-level           257              989            500
Jan-16KOWLOONSHAM SHUI PO           166              387              50

And Table B recorded the no of staff

MonthDistrictSub-districtCompany A No of staffCompany B No of staffCompany C No of staff
Jan-16HKMid-level                                      187                                        416                                        109
Jan-16KOWLOONSHAM SHUI PO                                        56                                          81                                          11

And i use the month as the associated field for 2 tables. When i want to create a bar chart with the measure as sum(sales)/sum(no of staff) of each company, it works when no filter selection is chosen but it doesnt work if some selections of the filter panel of "month" and "district" is chosen?

May i ask what can i do in order to create the chart of sales per staff? thanks for answering

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

2017-01-09 11_48_20-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

The resulting table after running the load script would be:

2017-01-09 11_42_34-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

2017-01-09 12_25_33-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did it work for you? Or do you have additional questions? If not please mark the question as answered in order to close this thread.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Petter. I think it can solve my problem and make me what is the best file structure for analysis and visualization. But im new to qlik sense actually and not very strong in scripting, i found that if in the data manager, i associated the 3 fields "Month", "District" and "Sub-district", i still can work out the sales per staff. How do you think about it?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes absolutely, as (almost) always there are multiple approaches to get your analysis to work in Qlik Sense. So yes getting a calculated/concatenated key between the two tables would work equally well and could be done either in Data Manager or in Load Script.