Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Force Data Reduction after binary reload based on Section Access

I have a question,

is it possible to force a data reduction after a binary reload based on section access?

I do a binary load of a QlikView model. After the binary load I implement Section Access based on a specific field in the data model.

What I need to do is to save all tables in the data model based with Section Access applied. I need to only have data for specific customers. But the problem is that Section Access only will be applied after opening the document again. So no Section Access is applied when you do a reload, after the reload all data is available.

Saving the document and open it again is when Section Access is applied but I need it to be applied right after the binary load and the Section Access Implementation and before saving of the document.

Could someone please help me in letting me know if it is possible at all and when it is possible how to achieve this.

Greetings,

Marc

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I reckon you'll have to use things like right keep and where not exists (...) to achieve what you want. You'll probably have to use a bunch of resident loads to create new tables with only the data you want.

If you have qvd files available of the tables in the data model of the document you do the binary load from then it may be faster to load those qvd files instead with where not exists clauses so the qvd's will still load optimized.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gilbert,

Thank you for the reply but your solution is not an option for me. With Section Access and the data reduction functionality it works better but I want to get rid of the extra step of saving and opening the reloaded document. I guess it is not possible.

I would expect that a binary load does the same with Section Access as opening the document but it seems not.

Hope someone else has any idea or has a workaround for my issue/challenge.

Greetings,

Marc

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The reduction using section access depends on a specific user opening the document. Only then is the user known and can be determined which data should be removed/kept.

If you have Publisher available you can use the distribute function to distribute (and thus reduce) by user and achieve pretty much the same result. NPrinting can do it as well I think.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Letting the Publisher reduce your documents for specific users during distribution is about the only way you can have data reduction during a reload, if you don't want to modify your scripts.