Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense crashes in Load Editor

My data load runs well and my application works.

However, if I try to edit the data load the editor screen blanks, and closing this app closes Qlik Sense.

I'm using Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1

I've tried re-loading Qlik Sense - repair - without success.

Suggestions welcome.

26 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve - I am having support take a look at this. I will update you as soon as I hear something. Support might reach out as well.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Mike.

(I keep wondering whether it’s something I’ve done/forgotten to do, but I can’t think what that might be!)

Regards,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Mike,

Sorry to interrupt your busy day!

Things seem to have gone very quiet - I haven't heard anything from Support, and I still can't edit data load in Desktop 3.1 SR3.

Fortunately I'll be taking a break for a couple of weeks so I won't be bugging people about this issue, but I'd like to know if there are any steps I can take to do some work.

Regards,

Steve Holmes in New Zealand

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem, the screen "freezes" and then after about 5-10 seconds stop to respond.

Tried repair, reinstall but the outcoming result is always the same.

The problem is exacly the same in the server and in the desktop.

Does the support already solved it?

Sérgio Micaelo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

?Sorry, Sergoio - I'm on leave for two weeks - I have only just read your mail.

BUT: no, there is no progress on this. Support has not yet solved the problem. Believe me, I am (with apologies) happy that you have the same problem. If there are two of us, then the problem is not with my personal PC!

Best wishes,

Steve

sergey_gera09
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Often have the same problem. After data load, application is crashes, and no opening anymore.

After, crashed application  has endless load like this: http://joxi.ru/brRDKZVSJQ6lO2

I seem, that crashing are in moment, where create searching keys after data load.

Regards,

Sergey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Can you please try running your version of Qlik Sense Desktop in legacy mode?  I believe this may be the culprit behind the script failing to load. 

In Qlik Sense Desktop, you can set standard/legacy mode in Settings.ini.

Do the following:

1. Open C:\Users\{user}\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Settings.ini in a text editor.
  2. Change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0.
  3. Save the file and start Qlik Sense Desktop, which will run in legacy mode.

The available settings for StandardReload are:

• 1 (standard mode)
  • 0 (legacy mode)

Once this is complete, attempt to edit the data load again.  I believe it should now complete successfully.

Regards,

Dillon Mullis

bpp
Employee
Employee

Hi Dillon,

Thanks for the advice.

However, I tried to follow these steps, trying to run QSD in Legacy mode and unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem. After a few seconds the data load editor freezes and then all the tabs that are open in the hub gets blank.

Thank you,

//Björn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Dillon,

I've followed these steps (hi, Bjorn), without success.  To remove a potential variable I also rebooted the PC.  Still nothing.

The good (?) thing about this is the discovery that I'm not the only one!  Thank you, Bjorn and Sergio, for adding your voices!

Regards,

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

It works with Mozilla Firefox 50.1.0 without problems.