Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Installation 3.1.4 Error

Hi,

Noticed error in Qlik Sense Server installation in event viewer.

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ERROR: relation "EdmMetadata" does not exist at character 55

STATEMENT: SELECT

"Extent1"."Id",

"Extent1"."ModelHash"

FROM "EdmMetadata" AS "Extent1"

ORDER BY "Extent1"."Id" DESC

LIMIT 1

Which is the stable version of Qlik Sense?

Regards

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try the repair option of the installer.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

After Repair also, I am seeing error

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ERROR: column c.CreatedOn does not exist at character 10

STATEMENT: SELECT

c."CreatedOn"

FROM "__MigrationHistory" AS c

LIMIT 1

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think it you should contact Qlik Support or your Qlik Partner to help sort this out.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I raised case with Support and awaiting resolution, meantime I wanted to check with community members have they faced this issue and how they resolved it.

Thanks

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I suggest you to push the support being sure you give them all the info like serial etc..

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

I understand these errors you are seeing in Event viewer. Is it like your environment is not up or you are trying to find out the details around these error from event logs?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nitin,

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  If so, would you mind sharing it here?

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Where I had the issue at a customer this morning, it turned out that the Shared Folder that was created for the new (3.2) Shared Persistence setup had not been explicitly granted permissions to the Service account.  The fact that the service account is a local admin meant that they had rights to the folder, but not via that share name.

When we added the service account to the share and restarted the services, some files appeared in the share - but things still didn't run.

We did a subsequent repair of the installation and all was then fine.

So.  Create and configure the share, with all the required permissions, prior to doing the initial installation of Sense Enterprise.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi stevedark‌,

I'm getting the same error on a Synchronized Persistence. Any ideas on that?

Br

Thomas