Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe infected by Trojan / Malware ?!

Wish this is just a false alarm... Any idea?

SEP Screen Cap 1.jpg

SEP Screen Cap 2.jpg

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got the same message on one computer. I use Norton IS. But on another computer it installed just fine (with the same Norton IS).... So it's probably incorrect, but strange

EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I just got this message! (3.1SR4).

Did you solve it somehow?

I will try installing the 3.0 (i am installing it with a client, and the norton antivirus will erase the file automatically, and because of the company's policy we cannot turn it off)

regards,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

You are not alone. We have several people who are also receiving similar messaging.

Digvijay_Singh

May be mto‌ can help here.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌ hey guys thanks for tagging me I will forward this to the appropriate people just as an added measure however this is probably one of those things where  The virus software detected  some sort of program that sends information back to homebase I know the desktop product has some components in it that may do that - user  agreement mentions sending statistical and log information back to homebase it could be that component that is tripping this alert incorrectly I'm sure you have all seen this prior with other programs where legitimate programs are reported incorrectly. However I will forward this.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi All -

Support had confirmed that they are aware of this issue and it is getting high priority attention. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. 

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
rmendoza
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone !

This is happening to me now with the new November 2023 update. (Qlik Sense Enterprise).

Do you know if it is already resolved?

Cheers,

Renzo

PD: I forgot my antivirus: GDATA