Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't connect to Qlik Sense Desktop

Just downloaded and installed Desktop as a trial.

Installation went fine but now won't connect to the hub.

Not a great advertisement!

Any ideas?

Thanks

30 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

as I have had the same issue and was pretty sure that no firewall and network issues were involed, I've stopped Qlik Sense Desktop and erase the TEMP directory (usually C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Temp).

Files/Folders which were not deletable have been skipped.

Then, I've started Qlik Sense Desktop again - and now it works fine work me.

HTH.

Cheers,

Gerhard

Not applicable
Author

Seems likes I was have a similar issue with Qlik Sense Desktop. When I opened the app or connected to localhost it would stop loading when it tried to connect to the hub. So I uninstalled Qlik Sense Desktop completely and reinstalled and it worked. I deleted all of the temp files as well.

virilo_tejedor
Creator
Creator

I had the same issue.

I deleted temp directory and reinstalled to the last version without desinstalling Qlik Sense Desktop.

It did an upgrade, and now it is working again

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I've tried all the steps suggested in the post and I didn't get the hub page. As the following screenshots attached:

Qlik Sense Desktop.pngLocalhost.png

Anyone can help me?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lucas Guedes,  Which version did u installed in PC I Think U tried Server version Please Download Fresh file from Qlik website then try to install  I have the same issue and i installed desktop version its working fine for me.

Not applicable
Author

Kindly provide solution ASAP

I have upgraded Qlik sense desktop this Sunday and it worked fine for 2 days now suddenly a flash window appears and goes off.

Tried , installation on top of qlik again, deleting temp files and uninstalling Antivirus still the same. Now uninstalling qlik  to reinstalled.

Shiv Shankar

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Shiv - do you have Qlik Sense Enterprise server running on the same machine? - Just curious.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

No Mr Michael. Now its fine.. i reinstalled Qlik that time and till now no issue came.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did as you said but I am getting like the following attached2018-04-19.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

{"type":"error","severity":"WARNING","message":"The service did not respond or could not process the request"}