Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense Filter

I have derived a field in my chart using complex calculations with variables. I have displayed this field in a Table and also on Pivot charts. I intend to create a filter so that the values displayed can be filtered. i.e. Set range between 30-50% or > 70% etc.

I used the 'Filter' chart, but this does not allow me to add derived items/variables. Is there any way that I filter the values of this derived field?

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Looks like you want to use this field at many places, if possible you may think of creating this in script, it will improve performance and can be used easily at many places, also complexity at UI will reduce.

See this in case you want to create calculated dimension -

Re: How to filter based on expression values (i.e. measures)?

Not applicable
Author

For a lot of my queries, I get the suggestion to create such variables/expressions in the load script. The underlying data model that we will be using is a central model and we want these derivations and expressions created by individual users to not impact the central data model. If I create a new dimension/measure in a load script using an expression, will this be visible to other users? I do want these items to be private to myself.

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, any change in script will be visible to all. Did you see the attached link, you may need to use aggr function to create calculated dimension as suggested by Stefan.