Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Possible to add a trend line to a scatter plot in QlikSense?

Hi folks, just wondering if anybody knows how to add a trend-line to an existing scatter plot in Qliksense or if it's even possible? I've looked at different options available under the scatter plot options and am not seeing any. Thanks!!

27 Replies
SergeyMak
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I'm just wondering what the data do you have at your scatter plot chart to add trend line?

You have at least two measures? How can you imagine a trend line there?

Or you mean reference line?

Regards,
Sergey
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sergey, I do have 2 measures and have set up a scatter plot in sense per screenshot below-

Capture.JPG.jpg

And I was hoping to add the trend line in QlikSense similar to the screenshot below, which is from Qlikview. I imagine it'd be a simple regression formula with y = mx+b. I've tried the reference line option in Sense but it seems to only allow a numerical value, not a function.

Capture2.JPG.jpg

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jin - do you see the fx symbol in the Add-ons section for the Reference line input?-Here you should be able to enter in an expression for the reference line.

Let me know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Also - see this existing discussion which has a sample solution, this may help you: Re: How to add lineal trend in Qlik sense

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Jin,

Do you still require assistance, did you try out the solution I provided via that link in this discussion.

Please let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jin

In the current version of Qlik Sense you can't select trendlines (Average, Linear, etc.) like in QlikView (Chart Properties ->Expressions tab) just by mark it.

Like Michael already explained you have the possibility to create your reference lines by a formula and add to your chart. It's a little bit more work than just mark a checkbox but also give you more flexibility to define your trendlines.

Regards

Ronny

Not applicable
Author

Just wondering if you found a solution for this in Sense?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Matt - I have verified that a lineal trend line is not available in a scatter plot as select-able option, but is on the road-map. Also I verified that the work-around described in this thread that I provided only works with a combo and other charts that can accept multiple measures, but not a scatter plot.

HTH

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply Michael. I will seek out an alternative, probably with a d3 plugin..