Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik sense Set Analysis question

There are two filters on my Qlik sense app.

Filter-1 uses column1/field1

Filter-2 uses column2/field2

How to apply 'Qlik sense Set Analysis' or other method to make Filter-1 will NOT impact/filter Filter-2?

Thanks!

15 Replies
thevingo
Creator
Creator

Hi

Do you know Alternate states in qlikview.

You can achieve this by using an Extension.

I dont remember the name but try Qlik Branch

Hope this helps

thevingo
Creator
Creator

Search Alternate States for Qliksense on Qlik Branch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All in this thread, thanks for your help!

I am using Qlik sense desktop, version 3.1. I attach a sample Qlik app. I would like to get the following in the Qlik app.

when selecting filter 'recording', filter 'state' and 'county' should not be impacted; and at the same time, filter 'state' and 'county' should filter/impact each other.

I tried to use Set analysis, however, there is no aggregation functions, such as Sum, Max, Min, Avg, and Count, in filter 'state', 'county', 'recording' Field/Dimension.

I also tried to use Alternate States, however, when set filter 'state', 'county' with Alternate States. Filter 'state', 'county' will not impact/filter each other any more.

I used Alternate States extension from the following link:

GitHub - ChristofSchwarz/QSExtension_SetObjectState: This Qlik Sense Extension allows you to assign ...

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also tried to use Only function, but did not make it work for the above requirement.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Govind, if use Alternate States, the filter set as Alternate States will not be able filter other fields any more.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Looking at your file, I am afraid that the behavior you are looking for is not possible using natural means, since it would go against Qlik's associative model principles.

When you select a given state, like 'CA' (green), it is natural to mark all counties in CA as associated (white), and the rest of the counties as not associated (grey).

I strongly urge you to review the linked document so you can appreciate the power of the associative model.

Regards,

Angel.

http://global.qlik.com/uk/~/media/Files/resource-library/global-us/register/whitepapers/WP-Qlik-Asso...