Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Desktop connection to Mysql Datasource

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Qlik Sense Desktop and then tried to connect with mysql local database. Every time a message pop ups

" Error message: Please check the values for Username and, password,host and other properties. Description: General error"

Kindly provide me a solution.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

HI

I have exactly the same problem :

I've a localhost mysql database (i can access it without any problem from my cmd command and classic command line).

Qlik side i tried "mysql entreprise" connector using "localhost" (or 127.0.0.1), my database name, my username and my empty password but when i click on next i get message " Error message: Please check the values for Username and, password,host and other properties. Description: General error"

Have you got any answer to our issue ?

Anyone else to respond ?

Regards & Thanks in advance

Not applicable
Author

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for ur response, My problem is resolved by installing ODBC connector. The Mysql enterprise connection works with latest/ registered version of ur Mysql version.

I was suggested to use ODBC connector that reaolved my problem and now I am connected to my local DB and create reports using desktop version rather than wasting time on excel upload.

Try it that works.

Regards

Syed

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Syed

Great thank's for your answer

i'll try and say you the result for me

best regards

Philippe

2017-01-15 13:37 GMT+01:00 Syed Mujahid <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>:

philgood34
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Syed

I tried but it's not working for me 😞

when you try to connect wich is your selection in the "adding" menu ?

DB BASE or QLIK-mysql ?

32 bits or 64 ?

For me with qlik-mysql : ErrorCode.11043

and with DBASE file choice : i progress to a window but i have no dbase file to select in the browser  c:\users\...?

Any idea to help me ?

thank's a lot

regards

Phil