cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date problems on profile page

The member since date is not calculated correctly on profile page. I joined the community on October 3, 2016 and it says 10 March, 2016.

It's not a big issue but I just wanted to let you guys know about the problem.

Thanks,

J.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's the same for me and I'm not sure about it but I think that another and earlier registration-date by the download- or customer portal or something similar will be used as the join-date because you are the same user in all these systems. Maybe sli could confirm it respectively which date will be taken for it.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jawed,

Thanks for your post. I checked your profile and am seeing the date of October 3, 2016 which you said was correct:

2017-01-27_12-40-05.png

Is this where you were seeing the March date?

Also, it's an interesting note that March 10 and October 3 can both be abbreviated as 10/3 or 3/10, depending on the language.

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team

JM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, that is the page. I agree it's a language/locale settings.

But the issue is with conversion, I have set English as language and Australia as locale but date still shows March 3, 2016. When I change the locale to United States it shows October 3, 2016, which is not correct. Language/locale is UI stuff and current format of date is regardless of it. If we have date shown in MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY format than we can make it a language/Locale issue.

My Hypothesis:

If we consider this conversion correct than I believe the date format conversion, at the time of registration was incorrect and it was stored incorrectly in the database. Why? My guess is, the default language/locale is English/US when I registered on October 3, 2016 and the date stored as March 10, 2016 after conversion. Therefore, when I change Language/Locale to English/AU it gives me March 10, 2016 but for English/US it gives me October 3, 2016.

Thanks,
J.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jawed,

Thanks for the additional details. Yes, this sounds like a bug with date conversion based on the language settings. I will put together a case to enter a support ticket for this, and will let you know once we get it resolved.

Thanks,

Qlik Community Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It turns out this is a known bug that unfortunately does not have any workarounds, but should be resolved with a future version upgrade.

Regards,

Qlik Community Team

JM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

J.