Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

How to get first day of the week (numerical) with Calendarweek and year indication

Hi all,

my starting position is following: I have a sales pipeline which has different dates which are on daily basis (e.g. entry creation date), but also information which is only relevant on weekly basis (e.g. possible deal closing).

I have built up two master-calendar for the dates on daily basis.

Now I would like to built up a master-calendar for the possible deal closing field (e.g. 201652 , so its closing on week 52 of year 2016), I can generate from this information the solo year, solo week and also the month of the year (with =MonthName(MakeWeekDate(Year, Week)).

But how can I generate the first day every week, e.g. its Calendar week 3 in 2017, so the first day (Monday) is 16.01.2017 - how does QlikView calculate the day 16 ?

Anybody an idea?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
enriquem
Creator
Creator

Hi!,

Mabe you must try to use the MonthStart - MonthEnd funtion, and the WeekStart - WeekEnd

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
enriquem
Creator
Creator

Hi!,

Mabe you must try to use the MonthStart - MonthEnd funtion, and the WeekStart - WeekEnd

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have thought about the Weekstart function, the QV Help says the Syntax is following:

WeekStart(date [, period_no = 0 [, first_week_day=0]])

But in my case, I don't have the date. I just have the calendarweek 3 and the year 2017 and try to generate the 16.

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It does work with e,g. MakeWeekDate(2017,3).

Thanks for the tipp, so I could try again :-).