Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polestar_suppor
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to Replace existing Master Items using Governed Metrics Service?

I am facing a problem while updating Master Items using Governed Metrics Service. I had created a few Master Items within a Qlik Sense app itself. But when I try to update those Master Items with new expressions from a data source such as excel, the GMS creates new Master Items with the same names. Is it possible to somehow update the Master Items by Title?

As of now, I have to replace the old Master Items with the new ones in all the charts and then delete the old ones. This way when I update them the next time using GMS, they are updated correctly as GMS is able to identify the Master Items. Is there a way to save the developer the trouble of manually replacing the Master Items the first time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I'd like to be able to do this.  Let's clarify the use case.  I have an app with pre-existing dims and measures.  I have my metrics library app which has these dims and measures as well.  What you want is the tool to determine that a metric already living in the app and present in the Metrics Library app can somehow become bound together in perfect harmony.

Do I have this right?

I'm doing updates and enhancements for a February release so if you can help me understand this (and add it to Issues · eapowertools/GovernedMetricsService · GitHub) I'll work to get it in for Feb.

jg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Unless they have fixed this I don't think that you have any other options than the way you are doing it.  It is very annoying.  Especially if you have a lot of Master Items.

Not applicable

I'd like to be able to do this.  Let's clarify the use case.  I have an app with pre-existing dims and measures.  I have my metrics library app which has these dims and measures as well.  What you want is the tool to determine that a metric already living in the app and present in the Metrics Library app can somehow become bound together in perfect harmony.

Do I have this right?

I'm doing updates and enhancements for a February release so if you can help me understand this (and add it to Issues · eapowertools/GovernedMetricsService · GitHub) I'll work to get it in for Feb.

jg

polestar_suppor
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Yes, you got it right. I'll get it added it to Issues section in GitHub. Thank you.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Does GMS works with Feb version ?