Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[Solved] Advanced Analytics - Trouble with installation

Note: While writing this, I stumbled onto the detail that the Settings.ini file must have 4 lines and one blank line at the end. In good rubber ducking style, that was what was necessary for the R integration to work. If someone else should have trouble with the AAE, then double check all the sneaky little ini and def files. I'm leaving the rest below, for information in case someone else should have similiar issues.

--

I'm trying to install the install and run the Advanced Analytics Extension, and since I'm unable to create discussions or questions in that discussion area I post the question here.

I've downloaded and installed the csharp.zip from the download area, and have performed the following steps.

• Updated my RStudio and R to Versions 0.99.903 and 3.3.1 respectively.
  • Installed Rserve, TTR and forecast in my R user area
  • Started Rserve() on the console, which tells me the following:

Starting Rserve...

"C:\Users\pernod\DOCUME~1\R\WIN-LI~1\3.3\Rserve\libs\x64\Rserve.exe"

• I'm running Sense Server on my laptop, which gives me a Sense Directory at "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine". The server runs as a separate user with administrator privileges.
  • I've created a Settings.ini  with the required contents in the same folder "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine". There are 4 lines in the ini file, With the last one being blank. <- This turns out to be really important.
  • I've added an Rserve.def in both "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Apps" and "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps". The Rserve.def Points to D:\dev\csharp\RservePlugin\QvRServe.exe, where I've unpacked the zip file.
  • I've restarted the Qlik service and installed the LoadDataFromPythonAndR.qvf via the QMC,

.. and miraculously, this time it works. I think it is the extra blank line in the settings.ini.

Per Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There are some demo files in the installation archives. I suggest giving those a go.

Per Christian

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Christian,

Do you have some function (code in R)   with some forecast to teste?

I think that i have installed the R integration but i not sure if it's work or not.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Lopes

Not applicable
Author

There are some demo files in the installation archives. I suggest giving those a go.

Per Christian

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Christan,

Thanks for providing the information in you article. I followed the same steps as you did to work with the R integration on my Qlik Sense Server. Unfortunately not working for me at the moment.

I have a question:

According to the documentation the Rserve.def should be stored in "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine". In your article you wrote "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Apps". I this correct? There is no such directory on my server.

Are there any logfiles where I can look into for troubleshooting?

Not applicable
Author

C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder, you have to type in the path in windows explorer to get there:

This Microsoft URL relates to Windows 7, but it is still relevant on my Windows 10 machine.

Good luck,

Per Christian

ssamuels
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Christian,

I know the C:\ProgramData folder is hidden by default, but the folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine\Apps is not present on my server. The folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine is there and I placed my Rserve.def file in this exact folder.

Steven

wallace0834
Contributor III
Contributor III

What exactly did you add to the Engine.ini to get Rserve to work.  I am getting an error message of Failed to find config file Rserv.cfg.  I am not sure why I am getting this error message or where to find it

Could you help?