Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create App Not Showing in Hub

Hello All,

I just installed Qlik Sense on Windows Server 2012 R2 and have users in the AD that I have granted the UserType role of a Developer - should let them create app, app object (published and unpublished) but after all these, when logged in as the user, the create app button still doesn't show in the hub page. I edited the user and added the RootAdmin role but still the same thing.

Any pointers please?

Thanks

Regards,

Tunde

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Yeah Ruben. It now works - had to include the local IP address in the whitelist. The public IP address has stopped working but I would keep looking at it.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Tunde, just in case: Apps can be created in the 'My Work' stream, the user has the 'Create App' button in My Work stream?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

The 'Create App' button is not coming up.

rubenmarin

Ok, I don't have too much experience administering Sense but I think the default rule for RootAdmin only applies in QMC; In security rules you can look at this rule and make a new rule that applies for this user (or role) and for Hub.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Ruben.

I created a usertype - Developer that has the "Create App" role and applied it to my user but it still doesn't come up. I selected for both qmc and hub - environment that the security rule should apply.

I'd keep looking.

Cheers,

Tunde

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ruben,

Just as a follow up, I had to change the anonymous access mode under authentication to 'No Anonymous mode'. This makes it compulsory to enter a user name and password before access is given to the hub.

Now, I get the message:

"Connection to Qlik Sense Engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your browser or contact your system administrator."

Any pointers please?

Thanks,

Tunde

rubenmarin

Sorry Tunde but I don't have seen that message and I don't have the experience for guide you in troubleshotting, if it helps, I usually have the No anonymous mode activated and it works.

Doing a search in the forum I found that maybe it has something to do with virtual proxy: Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah Ruben. It now works - had to include the local IP address in the whitelist. The public IP address has stopped working but I would keep looking at it.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers