Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalmirall
Contributor III
Contributor III

Blank screen when working in QlikSense Desktop (3.1 S4)

Hi Vinay-

My co-worker and I have followed all the instructions in the Blank Screen when Opening Qlik Sense Desktop post, and are still experiencing the blank screen issue (though we are able to work slightly longer in the desktop version than previous to uninstalling and re-downloading Qliksense).

Can you advise what steps to take next?

Thank you,

Katie and Kate

vkr

51 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Vinay, I have a similar problem: I and my other fellows can not open QlikSense in office network(Blank Screen), but we can open it at Home or Non-office network. Our company only open 443 and 80 port for us to connect to internet, dose it sufficient for QlikSense Open?

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Port 443 and 80 is all you need for access to Qlik Sense Enterprise. However, you may want check your local firewall for port 8080. The Desktop uses port 8080 on the local machine to communicate with the engine. If a firewall blocks that port, you will see this problem.

Regards,

Vinay

kschramm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Are there any updates on this issue?  F5 approach does not work.  Apps and extensions backed up and have left 3 apps in the Sense\Apps folder.  Same results.  Stand still. 

Not applicable

Hi all,

I have the same problem.

I upgrade to versione 3.1 SR4 , and now when i open Qlik Sense Desktop, see one only app that i have, but if try to open it, remain to blank page, also if press F5.

What is the problem?

Help me

Thanks

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

For the users I have been in touch with, blank screen disappears after they hit F5. In some cases you have to wait a few seconds and hit F5 a few times. Does this help your situation?

Regards,

Vinay

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Do you have an antivirus or firewall on your computer? Could you disable and try?

Regards,

Vinay

Not applicable

Hi Vinay,

nothing. I try hit F5 more time waiting a few second, but the situation is the same.

Really i see bubble as loading, but i wait also 30 minutes without result. I attach image that i see. image.png

PS: I have disabled firewall and stop antivirus.

Thank you

Not applicable

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.

F key does not do anything.

I've tried to "repair" - same problem.

I can't find the download link without re-registering for a new account to get the latest software update to see if that works.

Please advise

Update:

I went on and registered using same contact info for the update, installed.  Works now.

Not applicable

Hi Vinay,

This seems epidemic, I'm having now the same issue of the blank screen, nothing happens with F5.

I've tried in 2 computers, and both are the same.

I'm on QlikSense Desktop 3.1; system: Windows 7 SP 1, 16 Gb in RAM, 64 bits.

Did your engineers have been able to find anything?

My clients have QlikSense Server version 2.2.3; and they haven't been able to open the dashboards I developed in the Desktop version. Not sure if this might be a related issue.

Looking forward for any advice, thanks!

Azucena

UPDATE: I download and install QlikSense Desktop, and it upgraded it to SP4.

This worked as well, hope it doesn't break again.

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

A number of users who run into this problem simply downloaded SR4 and did a fresh install , which fixes the problem. Have you been able to try that?

Regards,

Vinay