Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to publish multiple dashboards (Apps) on a single websites... Please Help...

Hi,

I have created two dashboards (i.e Internal and External) created on two streams and published seperatly.

There are two set of user groups one is Internal and one more is External.

Right now;

Internal user can access only Internal dashboard via http://ABC/dashboard/internal/

and

External user can access only External dashboard via http://ABC/dashboard/External/ 

Its working fine.

Now my requirement is:

I want a common URL for both internal and External users as follows;

http://XXX/dashboard/mydashboard/     (I.e. Common for both Internal and External)

Depends on user type who login, respective dashboard should be loaded. i.e

If Internal user login; then Internal dashboard should load by default

and If External user login; then External dashboard should load by default

Please Help....

Thanks in advance..........

Regards,

Sharath

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sharath - let me see if one of my colleagues can point you in the right direction.

jog‌ - any ideas here?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much  Michael.... 

Hope I will get guidance from your colleagues soon.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sharath

Not applicable
Author

Sharath, I'm trying to understand this. You set up two virtual proxies because you have internal users coming through one auth scheme, and external users through another.  Correct? Now you don't want to direct them to separate endpoints.  You want to direct them to a single endpoint and have something decide if they should be routed to the internal or external virtual proxy config.  Correct? So a reverse proxy is the way to get a common url for both entry points.  However, the question I have is what will tell the reverse proxy which endpoint to send the user.  How does the rp know if the user is internal or external?  Presumably by ip address, but this is all stuff you would need to figure out on the reverse proxy side. Qlik Sense does not have a reverse proxy built in, but you can use something like IIS ARR with URL rewrite, Apache 2.4, or NGinx to make work what you want.  Remember what ever solution you choose needs to support websockets. jg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Jeffrey Goldberg,

Thank you very much for immediate reply.

I will look into the details of Reverse Proxy Server, IIS and ARR. 

If you found any solution please post it, it helps a lot.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey Goldberg,

Can you provide some reference documents, to set up above requirement.

It will help a lot.

Thanks Again.

Regards,

Sharath

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sharath,

You can use Mashup to achieve this depends on user profile.

Mash up page will autoredirect to the applications as needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthikikeyan,

Thank you very much for your guidance.. Appreciate your help.  I 'am trying to understand the concept of Mashup now. Karthik if you have any manual or some document kind of stuff to setup above configuration please share here.

Thanks again

Sharath