Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publisher Error

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to distribute a report as a PDF File through publisher. The PDF file gets saved in the given path without any issue. But it fails to deliver as an attachment to the relevant mail. Test mail to the same mail is working fine from mail server.

Attached here is the TaskLog file with the warning.

Please help me to sort it out. 

14 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Kalani,

Do you have other Publisher PDF email distribution tasks that send out emails successfully? Was this PDF email distribution working previously and just started failing? Or, are you attempting to configure for the frist time? If configuring, the first thing I would check is the Publisher LEF file to ensure that PDF generation is provisioned in the LEF. In QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher > QlikView Publisher License, check to see if "PDF_GENERATION;YES;;" is in the LEF.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

Chip,

No, not a single email distribution tasks was successful in sending emails. and the PDF email distribution, it never worked before.

And the Publisher LEF shows "PDF_GENERATION;YES"

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Kalani,

have you add Your email server settings in qmc? QMC->System->setup->Mail->Location->Host name

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

And you can only send mail inside Your own domain from Publisher.

Not applicable
Author

Staffan,

Yes. and the test emails are successfully sent

Not applicable
Author

yes it is Staffan, the mail is inside our own domain

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

OK, make sure that you dont have a mailadress in "Send test e-mail to:"

Do you use AD-username in distribute via E-mail in Distribute->Manually?

Not applicable
Author

This is how my distribution tab looks likeDistribute.PNG

But i've tried using the reduce option for the same Email using as Email as field, without using the manual distribution as well. But even that gave the same warning in Tasklog as "Warning failed to send mail to XXX@XX.com"

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Ok, are you Connected to Your AD With correct LDAP? can you add user or Groups inside "Distribute via E-mail" With their account?

if you look at the Distributed pdf in Your path (c:\Users\Administrators\Desktop) and rightclick and look in properties->sequrity, who have Access to the file? is the account in here?

But you maybe dont use Active Directory (AD)?