Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Android tablet rendered as phone

I am using my new Android tablet (8" full HD) on Qlik Sense 1.1 and it automatically gets the phone small screen interfac.

There is no button to switch to full browser mode. How do I make Qlik Sense not detect the tablet as a big phone but use the regular tablet interface?

The tablet works on all other regular web pages I have tested and is not usually treated as a phone.

17 Replies
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

And thank you for the passion 🙂

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I'm currently tried to use chrome and Firefox browser on my android tablet with 9.6 HD display.qlik sense is version 2.1.1 and I get single object mode as rendering visualization.does latest 2.2 version implement a better device detection?

Thanks.

Best regards

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I still have the same problem with latest QS version 2.2.3

Is there a workaround to switch to "full" mode with all capabilities available ???

Please let me know ASAP.

BR

Andrea

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

If you use the Qlik Sense single configurator and use it in a mashup, the defauls responsive behavior will be turned off.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/2.2/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/SingleConfigurator/dev-hu...

Regards,

Vinay

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Could you please tell me the steps I have to do to disable default responsive ?

Many thanks in advance.

BR

Andrea

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vinay,

I still happens that extensions downloaded from qlik branch do not size responsively, its takes a full block.

Is there a way in qlik sense to size it better?

We are using qlik sense server 3.1.4

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You can override Qlik Sense responsive design by using mashups or single configurator. In such a case, the product allows the developer to choose their own desired layout

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/1.1/Subsystems/Workbench/Content/BuildingWebsites/Overvi...

Regards,

Vinay

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks vinay i will work on this

Also does anyone know, if there is a way we can identity which device the user logged in through (i.e computer/tablet/phone) within the Qlik sense tool.