Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Expressions - Inputs from Filter Applied

I have the below set analysis expression which calculates the Sum of Sales for the Reporting Date 31-Dec-2013.

sum({$<[Reporting Date] = {'31/12/2013'}>} [Sales])

In this I have hardcoded the value 31-Dec-2013. Instead, I need to define this expression, where the Date comes as input from a Filter selection that the user makes.

If user selects 31-Jan-2014, it should be computed for this date. Is there a way to make the expressions generic and receive inputs based on user selections?

22 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Correct me if I'm wrong...

If a user selects 2014, he should view 2013?

You want previous year as a filter?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If your user selects a single date specifically then this basic Sum is all that is needed:

Sum( [Sales] )

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({$<[Reporting Date] = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max([Reporting Date]), -1), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} [Sales])

This will show you 1 month prior sales based on your selection.

Also, see here:

QlikView Date fields

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your scenario is more complicated than what Petter described, you can use dollar sign expansions to create dynamic values for the set modifier:

Dates in Set Analysis

The Magic of Set Analysis - Point In Time Reporting • Blog • AfterSync

Not applicable
Author

All,

The report will look some thing like this.

SalesSum Sales - Reporting Date 1Sum Sales - Reporting Date 2

There will be two filters.

Filter 1 : Selection for Reporting Date 1

Filter 2: Selection for Reporting Date 2

If user selects Reporting Date 1 as 31-Dec, column two should display Sum of sales for 31-Dec.

If user selects Reporting Date 2 as 31-Jan, column three should display Sum of sales for 31-Jan.

Not applicable
Author

That is correct. I gave a single example, for ease of understanding. I have explained in detail in one of the posts below. I am doing trend comparisons between two dates for Sales and both dates have to come from a filter selection.

sunny_talwar

Reporting Date 1 and Reporting Date 2 are variables or do you have fields? If they are fields, are they Island Table fields?

Not applicable
Author

They are fields.

sunny_talwar

Are they fields from Island table? Can you share how your data model looks?