Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Configurable ODBC in QMC

Can someone help me with few gaps in my understanding of Configurable ODBC under Directory Service Connectors in the QlikView Management Console...

1. Configurable ODBC - gives one the ability to connect to an ODBC sourced data source table that enables access to fields located in the table that can be used to recognize users, groups, roles, etc. - Correct?

2. When using a Configurable ODBC > the fields must be specifically named to be recognized by QlikView Server to properly authenticate the user based on the ODBC table data - Correct?

3. When Configurable ODBC and (for example) Active Directory are able to be used together (in a mixed authentication deployment) - Correct?

4. Is it possible to use the same or a second table for Authorization for centralized User Section Access management?

5. Is there any good documentation available that describes step by step how to set up, configure and administer the Configurable ODBC and use an ODBC table source for centralized section access purposes?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

1 - 3: Yes.

4: Once your Configurable ODBC DSP is set up, you'll be able to search for users in that directory the same as you would in AD. You can then use the Add Users button in Section Access Management and simply select your new DSP as the directory where you want to search for users.

5. The v11 server reference manual is kind of useless for this (and for most other things too). Check out the old v10 reference manual at page 253. This post also seems pretty good: http://community.qlik.com/thread/31302

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

1 - 3: Yes.

4: Once your Configurable ODBC DSP is set up, you'll be able to search for users in that directory the same as you would in AD. You can then use the Add Users button in Section Access Management and simply select your new DSP as the directory where you want to search for users.

5. The v11 server reference manual is kind of useless for this (and for most other things too). Check out the old v10 reference manual at page 253. This post also seems pretty good: http://community.qlik.com/thread/31302

Regards,

Vlad

shaan007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Vlad,

I am using DMS Authorization and after successfully Created the ODBC connection I am able to add users to the documents. But I could not able to find any Groups.

I followed the instruction in Qlikhelp and created the groups. Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vlad,

I have done the Configurable ODBC in DSC but when we mouse over on the star symbol in that console it showing Exception When connecting to Data Source.

We need to consider the above exception.

We are unable see the ODBC connection in the Users ----> User Management tab drop down.

Please can you help me

Thanks

B Rama Krishna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vlad,

We are using the web ticketing in that configurable ODBC authentication.

Can we directly login into the QlikViiew application.

Thanks Vlad,