Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
db_qliksense
Creator
Creator

Restricting access to QMC streams in qliksense

Hi,

Can I restrict the stream access in QMC in qlik sense so that only stream members can see respective stream (in QMC) and related apps within to which they have access? 

7 Replies
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Manoj,

It should be possible, but you will need to play around with the security rules.

Probably the easiest way to do this is to create a new admin role with restricted access to the streams menu in the QMC and assign that to the user.

The current roles allow full access to the parts of the QMC that they're able to access, so they won't suit your needs.

best regards,

Simon

db_qliksense
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Simon,

However, my query is like this: even if I create new admin role, the question is how to restrict access to streams menu for given user.

Ex: When the user logs in QMC, it can see all the streams in system irrespective of user is supposed to. I need that restriction.

rittermd
Master
Master

My first question is who do you have logging into the QMC and what are their roles?

I think you need a custom rule based on a Custom Property that you create.  The rule would be defined for Streams and Apps and would give read access only if the user had the correct value in their User Custom Properties.

Something like below.  QlikGroup is the Custom Property that I created.

Capture.PNG

rittermd
Master
Master

I decided to do some testing and it appears this is more complicated than I thought.  My current setup is not working how I thought it would.

So if I figure it out and will post the solution.

db_qliksense
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Mark,

I tried to look out for custom security rules as well. Found "stream" - which restricts the stream access for user in hub. The strange thing is that it applies to both QMC and hub. It works in hub but doesn't in QMC.

db_qliksense
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I think I found the way out. Tweaked the security rule "contentadmin" a bit and seems working.

Dummy contentadmin rule:

((user.@userteam=resource.@userteam and resource.resourcetype="Stream") and (user.roles="ContentAdmin")) where userteam is custom property having user's group.

Many thanks.

tobiasloe_dv
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

For QMC access you need to use QmcSection_Stream