cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Not repeat a Dimension

Is there a way to only display the first occurrence of a value in a dimension in a regular table?

This was an option in QlikView.

For example I am displaying a patient name.  If they have 3 rows of data I only want their name to appear on the first row.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Use non distinct values as an expression and you will see only one time occurance of your patient name. In Qlik Sense, the table box and straight table is a same object. If you add everything as dimension, it will behave like a table box object.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I am not clear on what you are saying.  Can you give me an example?  Thx

sunny_talwar

Suppose this is your data

Table:

LOAD * Inline [

PName, Value

A, 10

A, 20

A, 30

];

Capture.PNG

Both of the above objects are Table objects. One of them behaves like a table box because both of the fields are dimension. Whereas second one is behaving like a straight table because Value is an expression Sum(Value)

Does it make sense?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I don't think that is going to work if I understand.

Basically this is what I need to end up with.

Patient A  MedicareA  12/10/2016  5-Day ........ (quite a few more fields across the row)

MedicareA  12/12/2016 30-Day ..................

Patient B  MedicareB  12/20/2016 90-Day ..................

ger_alegria
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Try with a pivot table

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Trying to format a Pivot Table to look the way I want is quite a bit of work and there are some things that I don't think that I can change.

For example I have put data in as a measure so it shows up in the row.  There is no calculation.  Just the data to display.  The Pivot Table does something with the higher levels and if the row values are different on each row then it displays gray and a - in the cell.  See example.  I have tried to change with font and background color but those seem to be ignored in these cells.  Is there a way to change these cells to just be white with no -?Capture.PNG