cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make a transparent Text Object appear

Hi everyone!!

I would like to ask your help for one more time. I am trying to do make transparent Text Object appear based on selection in a table. Basically I have 10 objects of different colours and they are all set to be transparent for the time being. If in case i select a value in a table, depending on the value, the correct box with the correct colour should appear.

Any Ideas of how to do this?

Thanks in advance

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Wouldn't the Show / Hide condition on layout tab be better to handle this requirement?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you specify/ guide through with an example for the statement in the "conditional" box?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

As Stefan suggested, use your text box properties -> layout tab -> check Conditional Radio button -> expr: = IF(GetFieldSelections(YourfieldName) = 'Red', 1, 0)

This will be your values coming from your fieldname. Do the same for all other Textobjects.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The conditional should evaluate to TRUE (or any value <> 0) if you want to show the text box.

If you want to check on selected value, maybe like

=If( Only(NameField) = 'Roman', True(), False() )

This should show the text box if the only available or selected value in field NameField is 'Roman'.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vielen Dank!!!

Thank you guys for the help. I ll look into it and see how it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI,

I did try the scrip and it works fine. But i've realised that whenever i make a selection in a table, it will light all the boxes regardless if it is the right box or not. I was thinking if it is possible to make a condition where the object is activated based on a condition plus if the the same box is associated with a value. i.e. =If( Only(NameField) = 'Roman', and Count(if([Date field]='23/01/2017',[Accidents])) ,True(), False() )

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand what you are talking about.

Could you post a more detailed description of your application? Maybe by posting a small sample QVW?

Remember that making a selection in a table chart does actually select the underlying dimension values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry i can't post a QV example but I have attached images to show you what I've meant before.

The first image show 31 boxes, each representing a day of the month and a table with the type of accidents.

Now each box (text object) is counting if there are any accident happened that day and shows the total. All i want is to make the box light green if the accident type is 4 or yellow if the accident type is 3. I have replicated 5 boxes and set them to be green stacking them on the top of the old boxes. I did the same with the yellow ones and stacked them on the top of the green ones. Now as you can see from the images attached that If I select the Accident type, it will show me all the boxes that have been set against that specific accident type. All i want it to do is to light the correct box/ Text object for the correct type of accident and only if there was a value recorded (if you see one of the boxes has value = zero, but it still shows the green box).

Thanks for the help in advance.

image 1.JPGimage 2.JPGImage 3.JPGimage 4.JPG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe it would be easier to use a calculated background color instead of using multiple boxes with a show condition?

But if you want to go with a condition that captures both conditions, you can use something like

=If( Only(NameField) = 'Roman'  and Count(if([Date field]='23/01/2017',[Accidents])) >0,True(), False() )

//comma after 'Roman' removed