cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Qlik Sense db connection staying open after failed reload

Anybody ideas on this raised by one of our Clients?

I think we’ve identified a potential bug in QlikSense regarding task timeouts. It seems if a task times out, QMC successfully marks it as aborted but it keeps the underlying SQL connection open leading to issues for us separately on the SQL server.

This particular tasks is triggered to run every 5 minutes with a task session timeout of 1 minute.It's running on sense version 2,2,4.

It's connecting to na SQL Server 2012 SP3 instance using an OLE DB connection

Qlik Support have suggested:

The reason for you having this problem is that QlikView is not able to process results returned by the database server quick enough, as a consequence of this the QlikView process hangs and the database connection will not be closed.

Please try a few things and let me know what happens:

- Increase the task session timeout.

- Review the design of the script so that you can move all these joins I see in the log to the database server back end instead of doing these in the QlikView load script.

- Add DISCONENECT at the end of the script

- Enable ole db trace and compare when the task goes well and when it doesn't

- Try ODBC

Ideas anyone?

Andy

9 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

BUMP - anyone any ideas?

Can anyone advise which OLE DB Provider the should be using to connect to SQL Server 2012 (SP3), they are currently using sqloledb.dll version 6.1.7601.17514

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Update on this one, the installation has now been upgrade to 3.1.4, but the issue still persist.

In summary a reload task is scheduled to run every 5 min, it has a timeout set of 1 minute, it's normal run time is circa 20 seconds.

At fairly regular intervals, the task stalls, no further details are written to the script log, until the Qlik sense engine is restarted. The stalled connection is causing issues in the Clients datamart.

mto

gwassenaar

Please help guys!!

Andy

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy - let me see if I can get you some help. I am not sure about this issue.

daz‌ - or msi‌ or mbg‌ - anyone of you familiar with this situation?

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Cheers Mike,

so you are aware, we do have a case open too with Qlik Support.

regards Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

This has now been recognized as a bug!

MarioCenteno
Creator III
Creator III

Could you solve it? I have the same problem.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mario - what release of Qlik Sense are you on?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
MarioCenteno
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Michael, I had the June version of 2017 (11.11.1), a few moments ago I downloaded the June 2018 version because I read that installing the new version corrected the problem, but now I have a problem that the connection string the BD has changed me.

The drawback I have is that when my query has subqueries apparently that's where I do not load the data.

driver.png

MarioCenteno
Creator III
Creator III

I solved the problem by reviewing the application

I have the version June 2018, and I still have problems with data loading, it seems to be canceled when the query is too complex.