Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

I need to present why company with SAP should use click view ?

HI All

i need to present. why SAP customer need to use Qlik View to gain the full benefit of invest in SAP.

DOes any one have ppt for this topic ?

paul

26 Replies
satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Paul,

once the Reload complete Qlikview Contain data if Connection Available or not available.

it will show Data Report last reload time data.

Remaining BI Tools Don't have  In Memory Future.

Regards

Sathish

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sath

Can I said SAP Hana data visualisation does not in memory feature and Roami have ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Paul,

please go throw the QV Futures and compare to All BI tool and inform your team and finalise, this way is better.

Regards

Sathish

Anil_Babu_Samineni

As satheshreddy Said,

You must knowing it everything. And then i am not familiar with SAP

May I know that it is possible to make SAP every day at 2 Am automatic schedule generate raw  data for AR AP GL SALES Table Io CSV format , so my QV can automatic reload and create the updated QVD ?

I would say Yes, Because every variant has updated reports. Even, if you store that into qvd then it will fetch updated Data for SAP. So, As usual by using qlikview functionality we can achieve the same

It is those customer listing you mentioned , they are using SAP but for data visualisation they are using Qlik view ?

Yes, SAP is acting as a Database, And now as i said earlier it is depends on Company. Even some companies offer the SAP instead of few other modules. So, Now a days qlikview is bit rocking on Visualization for analyze the data which we have insights.

I would highly recommend to put this as a discussion, So might somebody can share there thoughts with +ve and expecting answers. Meantime, If you are happy with replies answers you may go ahead with Mark as Helpful to understand and linking with next movement point.

HTH

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

Thank you so much for your reply.

What do you mean Qlik View now being rocking ? Do you mean they are facing competition with Roami or tableau ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not only Competition, They are doing great job for analytics and now every company using this tool(Instead of rest tools qlikview is very complex like Microstrategy, Tableau) for Analysis and Data Visualization. So, Coming to simple way as per our understand which is SAP is simple variable and we can create schedule as per our need like your previous email. When it comes reports SAP also doing simple variant which called one report in Qlikview. So, I would highly recommend you to read this attachment.

Please free to ask in case any urgency

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

I see the PDF file , look like the xtract to QV are very good compare to the left hand side one.

Any idea what it the estimate price ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No, I don't have any idea reg premium. But, you may send email to info@theobald-software.com

Or, May be they will help us. I've recommend few guru's here if they came to know they may help us on this.

jssrobert_mikarbecher

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Anil

Thank you for your info.

I am aware Qlik View Connector to SAP are very expensive , about 15k USD.

So I plan not to use the SAP connector , instead I get SAP to generate the CSV file , which is Free of charges.

May be you can share with me the advantage of Qlik view SAP connect vs CSV report,

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello Sir, Please read this for you i have written and analyzing which i done

15K USD is bit expensive, I don't know about that. I am 100% Sure i don't think whether the charges are cross 10K USD

And, As i know one of my Layer client using SAP Connector - And client strength seems 10-15 Employees. 15K USD is bit expensive to sponsor the employees.

Even, If you use SAP Connector the data is more secure instead of CSV Files. You may not aware of hackers which has happened recently. One of hacker hacks the CSV filed where server situated in Europe. After that they are build up and store into SAP / Salesforce. Then the data getting vast secure instead of Simple CSV files which generated reports into Local path (C:\Users\MSServerQv\Prod\Live/CSV\*.CSV)

Advantages:

1) Simple, i would say SAP is report generated and SAP can split there variants(Each table for Qlikview) and then we can connect to the SAP and fetch the Tables which created for variant.

2) And, It saves the Performance using SAP Reports directly for transformation and again we can do that workfile and fetch using Binary Load in qlikview.

3) But, CSV has simple ASCII Format which called UTF(Universal Transfer Files)

4) Now a days, Few companies generates the reports using SAP that might cause Qliktech thinks and generates user friendly for SAP reports

5) Off course, the architecture and Data model is same even you will get CSV/SAP Reports to qlikview (If data point and Tables has around 2 Million records may be it creates Snow Flake Schema)

6) As i know, Snow Flake Schema is the best one which performance and elapse the time to reload

7) Some times, CSV files can crash but SAP Reports won't corrupt at all. If by bad luck, It would corrupt then we can keep Backup for them(I mean SAP Reports)

May be other advantages are there, If anyone ready to share there thoughts i will be happy to know those.

HTH