Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suresh_qv50
Creator
Creator

Data Retrieving issue from oracle

Hi Team,

I am using odbc connector package for retriving data from oracle.

The data load started successfully, the load is not finished it showing Data Load Progress and it is strucked at specific no of rows.

I did many iterations but it still hanging on same no of rows,

Please suggest an solution,also Plz find the attachment for better understanding.

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Ask your DBA team for any restrictions they have placed for user queries/ row limitations or RAM usage limitations

how long have you waited for the load to finish? have you waited longer than 7 mins?? i would suggest waiting more longer and see what happens, It should probably return an error message which you can google later or take a snapshot and reach out the dba team.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How many rows do you expect to get. Has it retrieved all the rows that the Oracle SELECT statement would give you if you ran it in SQL*PLUS or some other Oracle compatible SQL query tool?

I 409,565 is indeed what this query returns as total rows it might seem that the load script is stuck at building the associations. If the associations are "messy" - i.e. if there are several synthetic keys that needs to be made you can run into the unfortunate situation that it gets too complex. Qlik might run out of memory or take an extraordinarily long time to evaluate/calculate all the associations.

Have a look at the fields that will be made and whether this will create synthetic keys at all? If you move the part that loads from Oracle to the very beginning of your load script and immediately after put in the statement:

EXIT SCRIPT

And just see if that works without problems you have determined whether the load is failing or not on it's own. This is just temporary to debug and determine cause of course.

suresh_qv50
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

i waited for about 10hrs no result,

while fetching data with some filter on year throwing error like below

Error: QVX_PIPE_ERROR: Not a legal OleAut date.

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Suresh,

Any luck on this if so Can you share here.

suresh_qv50
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Renuka Sasikumar,

We finally sort out this issue,

Am not sure, we thought this is because of my connector, We use initially To_char(Dates) while extracting data from SQL Statement. This is working fine.

Ex: Load Date,Name;

SQL Select to_char(Date,'DD/MM/YYYY'), Name

From abc;

Now we are using native Oracle client instead of connector package, While using oracle client no issues w.r.t Data loading.

Hope this might helpful

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Suresh for your reply.

But I am facing this issue with only one table even if I just do Select * From Table Name.

So any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Renuka S

suresh_qv50
Creator
Creator
Author

How you are extracting data either with external connector package or with oracle native client.