Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub

Hi everyone,

Several different incarnations of my svgReader extension exist out there on community, hidden on QlikMarket, etc. and it's difficult making updates and pointing people to the most recent version.  Also, I plan on making some major enhancements to it soon, and I want to make sure people know where to go to get the latest and greatest version.

So, I've decided to start hosting the extension on GitHub:

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QV11

I'll be making all bug fixes and enhancements within this repository so please download the extension from here from now on.

Also, I greatly encourage you to add your own SVG maps to the repository so we can all benefit from the maps people have been making.

Thanks!

75 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

=if(

(Your Measure or Dimension here)<400000,LightBlue(),

if(

(Your Measure or Dimension Here)>400000,green()

))

You can always use if condition to define colors to your map. Like Sum, Count, Disticnt(count... ETC.

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Shahbz,

Yes, I have to refresh the accespoint to see my field selections in the svg map.

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

MK9885
Master II
Master II

If there is no selection happening on map then it is because there is no key field between your map data and fact table.

This is only possible if you have same issue in desktop as well. Like no selection on map if you select filters.

Can you share screenshot of your data model?

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Shahbaz,

I think it is not a data modelling issue. Yes, it is the same behavior in the desktop too. I tried one more way:

I removed the list box , other objects and placed only the svg map on the current sheet. Placed the list box and other objects on a different sheet. When I make selection in any of the objects in the different sheet and comeback to the svg map, it is working fine. The only issue is that when I place the other sheet objects and svg map on the same sheet and make selections in any of the sheet object, it is not implementing in the svg map.

Thanks

Regards

Vindhya

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Try copying SVG extension again and replace the current extension on both server and desktop?

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello!

I've just installed this extension on Qlik Sense 3.1 SR4 Desktop and can't get any of the example files to work. Can anyone help me?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, I've noticed it just now after you have raised this issue.

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I'm working with Qlik Sense Desktop...

I've extracted the extension but can't get any of the sample qvfs to work.

Of course reading the "read me" file is a big help.

As stated...

svgReader->svgReader.js 

• uncomment Line 7
  • comment/delete Line 8

Now I get the same error as arvind654

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I was able to fix the issue following this post:

Themes in Qlik Sense 3 and the use in extensions

Edit the svgReader.js file, this is my actual configuration:

/*globals define*/

var self;

define([

"qlik","jquery",

"./d3",

"./chroma",

//"core.utils/theme",  // For Qlik Sense < 3.1.2

"text!themes/old/sense/theme.json", // For Qlik Sense >= 3.1.2

"./svgOptions",

"./svgFunctions",

"./senseUtils"

], function (qlik, $, d3, chroma, Theme) {

//Theme is an unsupported hook into the color picker color themes

'use strict';

var Theme = JSON.parse(Theme);

//Theme = JSON.parse(Theme);

//get baseUrl of extension assets so css and svg can be loaded correctly in both client and mashup

var baseUrl = typeof config !== "undefined" ? (config.isSecure ? "https://" : "http://" ) + config.host + (config.port ? ":" + config.port : "" ) + config.prefix : "";

//load css here so that mashups without require.js text extension loaded still work

$.get(baseUrl + "/Extensions/svgReader/style.css", function(cssContent) {

$( "<style>" ).html( cssContent ).appendTo( "head" );

});

Not applicable

Hi Saket,

I am designing a Dashboard using SvgReader extension .In Qlikview, i want to render  original text along with colour of the objects of SVG file but it failed.

Is there a way to do this, can you please help me on this.

Thanks