Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

activate a sequence of sheets

Can I activate a sequence of sheets, where the sequence is given by a field present in association model? (Specifically, I want to start from the first sheet present in the list, scroll through it all and return to the first)

thx!

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes you can. But a most pressing question: how do you plan to move from sheet to sheet? Are all sheets in a sequence active at the same time, or should they become active one-by-one when the user completes a specific task.

Anyway, the Only() function will be your tool of choice.

Not applicable
Author

There is not a specific need. I try to be as clear as possible. In sequence, until all the contents of a sheet does not load, I have to open/load each sheet selected from a list.

MOTIVATION: I HAVE TO PRINT ALL SHEETS REPORT IN ONE FILE PDF, BUT THIS OPERATION HAS A DURATION MORE THAN 15 MINUTES BECAUSE THIS PROCEDURE PROVIDES ALSO THE OPENING/LOADING OF EACH SHEET IN BACKGROUND

So i want to do a pre-loading of each sheet.

Independently from the utility of this THING, THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So you are using the builtin Report Generator but it takes too long to generate a PDF because the report engine must recalculate all objects before it can create a PDF, while the document itself will only recalculate the objects on the active sheet? And you want to force the latter to recalculate objects on inactive sheets as well, thereby making a regular user wait for things that can't be seen?

Not applicable
Author

yes, maybe it's the right way.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't think you can change the recalculation behavior of a QlikView client. At least I'm not aware of any technique or setting that lets you do so.

NPrinting doesn't have that problem, because it acts like an independent service which can be launched to create reports in any format in the background without locking up a QlikView client. Maybe NPrinting could be a solution for you?

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

FYI

JohnW once provided a solution for auto-advancing sheets based on a table/field with IDs (youir sequence). I guess if you set the delay to a very small value, and configure the autoadvance code to run just once, you'll have your solution?

See here: automatically move to next sheet within interval time

In this community, there are other approaches available as well.

Best,

Peter