Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to open Tutorial.qvw - "Allocated Memory Exceeded"

I installed the personal free edition of QlikView, as well as the tutorial file linked on the download page (http://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/10.00/8935/_MSI/QlikViewTutorial_x86Setup.exe).

When attempting to the open the first tutorial file in \Tutorial\Working with QlikView\, the UI opens but no data is present, only an error message of "Allocated Memory Exceeded".

Is this because the personal edition is being used, or what can I do to fix this?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

This is because you are using personal edition. if the applications developed in the licensed version are opened using the personal edition it will show blank values . The application should be reloaded after opening with the personal ediion.

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response.

Could you please clarify whether the values can be viewed after 'reloading' with the personal edition? I opened the file in Personal, saved it, restarted Qlikview, and then reopened the file. The file now had no values at all (nor the "allocated memory exceeded" warning).