Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnymartinez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Transposing column headings to field values (1000+)

I have a two dimensional array of customers vs dates , together with values where these intersect.

I've found manual solutions posted here for smaller ranges, but a manual solution isn't really feasible in this instance.

Is there a way to take a row header + first column and convert those into dimensions , with the value at intersection as a measure?

The endgame is to be able to chart the various customers over a date range, and select the various customer names as a filter.

Is this possible?

Thanks again for any advice - am hoping this is a fairly standard request!

6 Replies
johnnymartinez
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Should add , dataset is ~1,000,000 entries, a table of ~1000 rows x ~1000 columns

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not 100% clear from your description...  Did you try CROSSTABLE LOAD?

Not applicable

Hi John,

Maybe post Re: Create table in QV with multiple header rows is it what you are looking for.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Nitha

johnnymartinez
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just typed out a massive response but managed to open a link within this page and lose it,  so apologies for the brevity of this post!.

@mov

@jayaanandam

Thanks for the swift replies - yes I'm trying to do a cross-table join , however all the solutions involve manually editing the code in the Data Load Editor.  

I'd have thought there'd be a way to set a range as a proxy programatically, both to allow for a growing range within the dataset , but additionally to avoid any errors due to the user mistyping something.

I'm using the Qlik Sense Desktop app for now  -  so what I'm asking may not be possible with the free demo ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

John,

I don't believe that a more than a very basic script can be created without manual scripting.  And, script access is not for users, it is for developers.

Second, Qlik Sense Desktop is fully functional except "Section Access" security.  No restrictions.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please post sample data in excel and expected output

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.