Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

text on a background - chart

Hi,

Has anybody tried displaying some text on a chart background. I have attached a screenshot of the same. Basically, I am looking for putting some text on the chart based on the X-axis values. As visible in the screenshot, 'A1' corresponds to the RED or the low region, while text 'D1' is visible in the green or the high region.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kji
Employee
Employee

if you want textboxes above the chart make sure to put them on the top level (layout tab)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

You may choose the option "Values on DataPoints". With Text in Chart, you alway will have fixed positions, which may cause some problem, if not all values are selected etc.

See the attached - only thing is that you cannot change the background behind the values (white in your screenshot)

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the prompt reply and sorry for the confusion.... these white background images were created manually (using paint).

i was looking for a static data, this will not change as per the selection....

i have attached another screenshot... the text a1, b1, c1, d1 are supposed to be static and must not change...

reason: even after any selection, the range of X axis will be from 0 to 100%....

4804_450_191_cache.jpg

Not applicable
Author

or is it possible to just put text boxes on the above chart at 4 different locations.

I tried that, but the text box disappears under the chart...

kji
Employee
Employee

if you want textboxes above the chart make sure to put them on the top level (layout tab)

Not applicable
Author

thanks Johan, the fix was great...