Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date problems on profile page

The member since date is not calculated correctly on profile page. I joined the community on October 3, 2016 and it says 10 March, 2016.

It's not a big issue but I just wanted to let you guys know about the problem.

Thanks,

J.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's the same for me and I'm not sure about it but I think that another and earlier registration-date by the download- or customer portal or something similar will be used as the join-date because you are the same user in all these systems. Maybe sli could confirm it respectively which date will be taken for it.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jawed,

Thanks for your post. I checked your profile and am seeing the date of October 3, 2016 which you said was correct:

2017-01-27_12-40-05.png

Is this where you were seeing the March date?

Also, it's an interesting note that March 10 and October 3 can both be abbreviated as 10/3 or 3/10, depending on the language.

Thank you,

Qlik Community Team

JM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, that is the page. I agree it's a language/locale settings.

But the issue is with conversion, I have set English as language and Australia as locale but date still shows March 3, 2016. When I change the locale to United States it shows October 3, 2016, which is not correct. Language/locale is UI stuff and current format of date is regardless of it. If we have date shown in MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY format than we can make it a language/Locale issue.

My Hypothesis:

If we consider this conversion correct than I believe the date format conversion, at the time of registration was incorrect and it was stored incorrectly in the database. Why? My guess is, the default language/locale is English/US when I registered on October 3, 2016 and the date stored as March 10, 2016 after conversion. Therefore, when I change Language/Locale to English/AU it gives me March 10, 2016 but for English/US it gives me October 3, 2016.

Thanks,
J.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jawed,

Thanks for the additional details. Yes, this sounds like a bug with date conversion based on the language settings. I will put together a case to enter a support ticket for this, and will let you know once we get it resolved.

Thanks,

Qlik Community Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It turns out this is a known bug that unfortunately does not have any workarounds, but should be resolved with a future version upgrade.

Regards,

Qlik Community Team

JM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

J.