Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

.TXT file upload interrupted, loads to application incomplete

Hi all, I have a very odd issue with my data in Qlik.

I've been trying to import a text file, 2GB in size, from my local drive into Qlik (to put it through the whole data, extract, standard process).  But when I import the cleansed, standardised file into my application, it's only 54MB.  It's missing most of the data.

I've tried it on a completely new Qlik file, just with the import code and nothing else; no 'where' clauses, nothing.  But it still only loads a small amount of the data (1,021,413 records).

Any ideas what can be causing this?  

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the retailer field, the next retailer down from Screwfix is B&Q, and that's where the data stops.  I'm just now running a query on the original data set to remove the ampersand to see if that works

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try to provide atleast image for that B&Q to track the issue

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

B&Q.PNG

As you can see, this is the retailer column.  The table is in order of Retailer, starting with 'Screwfix' and 'B&Q' proceeds screfix.  The ampersand (&) in B&Q may be causing some issues but I'm not sure.  Just trying to remove the ampersand now in SAS

Anil_Babu_Samineni

So, Finally your script seems like below

Load *, Retailer from Table;

If so, you could use this for Testing

Load *, Retailer from Table where Retailer = "B&Q";

First try Something like above and if values come across on wall then club above one and below one then see.

Load *, Retailer from Table where Retailer = "B&Q";

Concatenate

Load *, Retailer from Table where Retailer <> "B&Q";

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

At first take a look on the specified file-format for this load and add there no eof and remove a possible msq-entry so that it looked like:

(txt, utf8, embedded labels, no eof, delimiter is '\t')

- Marcus