cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twanqlik
Creator
Creator

5 star chart

I have a review rating that i want to display in a 5 star chart (vertical displayed, not horizontal) 

E.g. when the rating is 4.5, 4,5 stars should be displayed as yellow.

I was wondering if this is possible by creating a 5 star bar chart in Photoshop and then implement it in Qlikview. But i think this is not possible

Any tips?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create an image in photoshop and cut out the stars so you get an image with transparent star shapes holes. In Qlikview create a bar chart. Next create a text box object and use the image you created as background for the text box object. Then put the text box object on top of the bar chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can make a picture with star cutouts that are transparent. That way you can place it on top of a bar chart. You'll get stars for as far as the bar 'fills' the cutouts. You can find an example of the technique here: Re: Customization of bar chart

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

I've read the topic and checked the example, but i'm not sure yet how to do this.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create an image in photoshop and cut out the stars so you get an image with transparent star shapes holes. In Qlikview create a bar chart. Next create a text box object and use the image you created as background for the text box object. Then put the text box object on top of the bar chart.

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the idea Gysbert, i've created a star.png image in photoshop, but i'm still struggling with how to do this in Qlikview.

twanqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, it works!