Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

REST Connector for Facebook

Hi all,

I'm coming up with a problem when I try to use the REST API to connect to Facebook. I have previously been successful in doing this (following the instructions in the online help) on my laptop with QS version 3.0

When I try at a client site with QS version 2.2.4 and the standalone REST Connector it works until I specify the paging url details.

Without paging url it connects to Facebook and returns the first 25 results.

When I try to specify the paging url setting then I get an error saying I need to specify an access token. Obviously I have already done this to get the results above (and checked this is still valid in the Facebook Graph API tool).

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening? Or if there are any known issues with the standalone REST connector?

Chris

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

I have the same problem, paging does not seem to work. Based on the below, I tried "root/data/paging/next" as Next URL field. Still not working for me, did you manage to solve this one?

Total field path: The path to where the total field amount is stored. For example, JIRA returns the value in the root element, root/total. The connector can use this value to understand when all the data has been loaded.

Not applicable

mto

Hi Michael, might you be able to assist Chris and I with this? Thanks!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi guys - I did some research on this and got in touch with the products team. I believe I saw an issue around this. I am reaching out to daz‌ - who may be able to provide additional assistance as this WAS working before using the pagination.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Senior Technical Marketing Manager

Qlik Community

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks Michael!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

No problem - I am attempting to play with this while we wait for Dean, did you guys see this doc inthe Qlik online-help:

Loading paged data ‒ Qlik Connectors

Let me know if this helps.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik