Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhur4qlik
Partner - Contributor III

Load Data from a Script Variable in Qliksense

Hi

Im trying to load data from a variable in qlikview which is working fine but same code is not working in qliksense.

We load some data from a url which we store in a variable but same variable is not working in qliksense script. It gives me an error

The following error occurred:

LOAD statement only works with lib:// paths in this script mode...

Here is the sample code which i am trying to load.

LIB CONNECT TO 'GWMMISDEV (naeast_d281410)';

//Gets user list from the link

USER_LIST:

SQL

SELECT mis_app,

xml_urls as url

FROM Schema.table_dim a

Where a.col1 ='ABC';

LET vUser = if(isNull(peek('url',0,'USER_LIST')),1,peek('url',0,'USER_LIST')) ; 

FNCTNL_ENTTL:

LOAD

@13:19 as 'StandardId',

'ABCDEr' as 'Function_Entl'  // Key to parent table: WmUisEntitled

FROM $(vUser)

(fix, codepage is 1252);

WHERE @1:12 = '<StandardId>';

Exit Script;

Loading data from v(user) is not happening in qliksense.

Above code work perfectly fine in qlikvew but not in qliksense.. do we have the workaround for this

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi madhur, the standar mode of qlik sense needs that you create a connection, that connection is a root starting with 'lib://ConnectionName'.

You can try adding the path to the connection.

There is also a hard way of avoid this behaviour: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

madhur4qlik
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for the prompt reply. really appreciate your help in this.

I can ask my qliksense admin to look out for disabling the standard mode which i guess would be tough option to achieve.

Actually my logic requires to store weblink in a variable which i want to invoke in another Load script to load couple of columns in that web link through webservice syntax.

Only issue which i am facing it my $(vUser) variable is fitting into qliksense syntax where it says u can load data only from path lib://

now not sure how to store variable in that lib path or by pass that lib path with some coding.

madhur4qlik
Author

Only issue which i am facing it my $(vUser) variable is NOT fitting into qliksense syntax where it says u can load data only from path lib://