cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmccafferty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting More Tables From A Database

Can anyone in Qlikview world help me with this one, as my IT department at work just wont give me the time of day !

I have a load of QVD files loaded every day so I can do my various pieces of reporting, that's okay. But the tables that are available to load when I'm editing my dashboard are very limited. For example, I can display Booking Reference, but I have no option to display customer name and address. Now obviously the system that Qlikview fetches the information from displays customer info when you search by Booking Reference, so I refuse to believe that it's not possible to get said information.

Can anyone advise me on where I need to begin in getting more data from the data source, that can then be added to my existing bits I have created on the Dashboard.

Thanks

CM

3 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Chris,

somewhere in Your qlikview environment there is an extract Application which create Your QVD files.

You need to add Fields or tables in there. If it build as an incrementall updated QVD then it have do be reloaded from scratch (beginning). Otherwise you only get the New Field on New rows all old rows will still not have for example Booking Reference data.

If its dimenssion tables you need then you need to add the tables in Your extract Application and create New QVD's, ex customer.qvd

When you have the New Fields in Your QVD then you have to add them also into Your Dashbord Application.

cmccafferty
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Steffan,

Would HP System Management be an extract application?

There arent many other programs installed on my QV server.

Thanks

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

No Chris, its an qlikview Application which is Connected to Your datasource (sql,Oracle or whatever)