Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

If purchase Qlik Sense license copy , when upgrade new version will it affect extension ?

HI All

Can some one advise me. As I am using trail version , each time I upgrade QS to new version , all my sheet with extension not working .

Paul Yeo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they were extensions downloaded from Branch and guess you could have been using them to set variables.

A few API's were deprecated at version 2.1, see QlikSense Help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/VersionHistory/version-...

Not least the SetContent method that was replaced by the SetProperties method.  Not sure which version they were actually removed at.

Often the extension author will update their extension and place a corrected version on Branch.  Sometimes not, as many people only do Branch extensions in their spare time

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

I think it will work. and its worked me aswell. I never faced this situation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will make no difference whether you are using the trial freebie QlikSense Desktop or the paid for QlikSense Server Enterprise.

With some version upgrades the internal workings of QlikSense can change and some API's can be deprecated / removed.  This can cause issues with some extensions and they will need mending.

I am surprised you say each time you upgrade all your extensions stop working.  From my experience only a small percentage of extensions for a small percentage of version upgrades have issues on QlikSense version upgrades.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Bill

Thank you very much for your sharing.

I only try variable and button , both I encounter issue . It does not work after I upgrade to new issue .

So now I have better understanding , the future version changed will not affect extension . That is great news.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they were extensions downloaded from Branch and guess you could have been using them to set variables.

A few API's were deprecated at version 2.1, see QlikSense Help https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.1/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/VersionHistory/version-...

Not least the SetContent method that was replaced by the SetProperties method.  Not sure which version they were actually removed at.

Often the extension author will update their extension and place a corrected version on Branch.  Sometimes not, as many people only do Branch extensions in their spare time

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Bill

Can you share with me if extension with SET will be affected , so if using YTD flag will not be affected ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I am working from memory of some things that affected me quite some months ago and can't remember all the details.

For all extensions we use whether In House or Branch I like to make sure that internally we understand how the script of the extension works.  So that if issues do arise for any reason, including those caused by version upgrades, we can sort them internally.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi bill

Many thank for your sharing , I appreciate very much.

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

https://community.qlik.com/message/1206411#1206411

Can some one help me on the above line related to extension QSvariable