Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load Script Error

Hi Qlik Community,

I have an app in QlikSense Desktop that I use to view daily information, from data in excel that I receive in a daily report. I am usually able to delete the old data, add in the new data file, and the app operates fine. The files have all the same headers and are around the same size, but the data changes everyday. Recently, I have been experiencing issues loading the new daily file. I receive an error message that says to go to the data load script to fix the error. In the data load script, I delete the old script, add in the new one and try again to upload my new data, with no success. I have had to go back and recreate the app to show the information I am looking for. Is anyone else having these issues or knows what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

9 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

Nerver having this issue yet.

Nethertheless

can you check how you have saved the file ? may be it's an .xlsx ou you saved it as .xls

"I am usually able to delete the old data, add in the new data file" you copy past data from a file to another file used as your data base for Qlik ? Or do you saved new daily file as ..and select the previous file to erase it ?

Bruno

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I've got that problem too. It's not about .xlsx or .xls

The error says go to the data load script to fix the error. I can't understand where is the error in data load editor. The script is correct though 😕

Not applicable
Author

I guess i solved the problem. The file's location that you want to load must be the same position the other loaded file's location and the other files should'nt be deleted. If you are sure of these, you should run script in data load editor next to limited load

Fatos

brunobertels
Master
Master

can you share your app with an example of excel daily update.

Script is correct so far but may be Connection to the field or the folder is corrupted ?

Not applicable
Author

I can't share my app because of privacy of my company. but main problem is the location of your files.

You can change only variables of your folders daily instead of deleting files. so you don't have to create an app every day. just run in data load editor you can realise what's wrong. If you can't do i can show you how to do by sending photos

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fatma,

Thank you for your response. I used the debug tool in the data load editor and deleted the error that I found. However I still can not load my new daily file. I am receiving the same error, which refers me back to the data load script. What do you mean by the location of my files? I keep all the daily files in one folder on my desktop. 

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

To be able to help more could you provide more information.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

When running the debug does it stop at certain point of the load?

Could you share your script?

Mark

Not applicable
Author

hi John,

when i receive this error my files were different files so i kept all my files in one file on the desktop after that i run from this button.pic.png After that there was no debug. I had to add one more data so i saved the data file where the other files. Sorry for my bad grammar. I'm trying to help you

Not applicable
Author

I just had the same issue, the same script Works fine in a new App, but doesn't work in the App where i have all the sheets