Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lincoyan
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How Sense Desktop checks the screen resolution?

After updating to Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1 SR2 the application decided that I'm running Sense on a very small screen (480 pixels wide or smaller) even my display resolution is 1920x1080.

How can I tell Sense that I have a bigger screen?

14 Replies
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Correct,

So if you have zoomed in your screen, Windows will change the reported behavior of screen sizes.  Qlik Sense uses screen sizes reported by the browser to decide which device you are on. If you zoom in within a browser, when you are in high resolution screens, the browser may actually be reporting a screen size that is closer to smartphones or smaller tablets.

Regards,

Vinay

ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III

I have this exact same issue on a surface pro. Sense 2 did not have this issue but once I was forced to upgrade to 3 the problem started happening. The solution of changing the text to 100% does work but makes every other app unreadable/unusable. And when I drag the sense desktop to a external monitor it zooms out so much that labels get truncated or the apps start scrolling vertically because it thinks there is not enough room on a 21" monitor to show the app. I had this issue on SR3,  SR4 and SR5 so it is still a issue in the latest release. Is there any update on a resolution to this as I just opened a ticket also.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Kevin - let's see if vkr‌ has an update for us on this.

@Vinay?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for opening the support ticket. That is helpful for tracking. Could you provide with the ticket number?

Regards,

Vinay

ksmccann

Thanks Vinay and Mike for jumping on this. I got a solution from support that appears to have resolved the issues. Here is the changes below to the config file that lets me leave my surface pro zoomed at 200% and not have Sense inflate all of the apps

Please navigate to the services.conf file, which can be found here: C:\Users(yourfolder)\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense. Open the file with WordPad or the likes, and under the [browser.parameters] section, add the following parameters:

--high-dpi-support=1

--force-device-scale-factor=1