cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to change data source from local to server

Hi,

I've created an app with connection source to my local server (on my computer). I would like to change it's credentials to the server, which has got the same databases etc.

I'm not sure is this possible with Qlik Sense Desktop. I'm affraid I will have to make all connections once between data again.

I would like to have this change without unlocking Data Load.

Maciek

12 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, that should work as long as the table view is same from your DB it will load the script.

It's just like you renamed the folder name but the content in the folder is same and changing name of folder won't effect the files inside it.

And you can do many things manually and yes also make a link/key between tables.

As Bill mentioned you can change the field names to match your other table and make association. But yeah the values should also match then it makes sense to create a key.

Like you have changed the name in your table above [BudzetId] as [BudzetDanview....]

Usually the key is a Numeric value like IDs. One key is enough to link tables more than 1 will create syntetic keys or also circular loops and we don't want that...

Anyway, I hope you got your new data connection working with same view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bill. Qlik Sense is my first contact with Qlik applications. That is why I thought it's normal to use data manager as a primary tool to link data between tables. Now I see it's one of the ways to do this. Lack of possibility to change connection string without unlocking data load and wasting a chance to use the functionality of data manager is a con. All in all, it was important for me to understand that it's normal behavior to change script manually and it helped me to understand how I can make connections between tables.

M.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Aehmann,

Thank you for your feedback and support which helped me to go through the process of understanding how does it work with changing the connection string. Now I can see I can unlock the script and do what I need to do.

Maciek