Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make QS like Tableaus drag & drop for self analysis ?

HI All

i like to know who have set up a demo app that make QS look like TableauS demo app allow the user the drag & drop to plot the chart . It allow user change the dim and measure as their wish. In QS we need to bring in the chart or table first . Then insert in dim And measure we like , in QS allow us to create master key.. My question is how to organise them . As for measure there are too many .

Those who have try Tab before pls share.

Paul

4 Replies
laurentpaume
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Paul,

In my experience I would tell you not to simply copy tableau software but create an ergonomic and user friendly app.

For example, load your data, create all your master items (dimensions + measures).

Then add simple measures on your first tab to show global KPi's like a dashboard, add a bar chart and drag and drop dimensions and measures in it.

Add your chart to master items.

Create a second sheet now add your master visualisation freshly added chart and drag a table or pivot table on it. It will ask you if you want to convert it to a table click yes and you're done.

You now have a quick dashboard and detailed vision of your data in a few clicks.

You can do so much more, your only limit is your imagination.

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Laurent

Thank you for your sharing . So actually it is possible to make it make it same like tableau software they demo it look very simple ?

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

laurentpaume

Of course ! When I get to my new customers I just prepare my data and make my new app live and sometimes I even make the adjustments they ask during the demo.

Just practice a little bit and you will see by yourself.

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Bill

Thank you for your help,

I try to create a new var1 and also chart1 by myself.

I follow all the step you did. Except my variable name = Var1 , your is Var

My chart1 is not display any thing.

Where i go wrong ?

I suppect the may be due to QSVariance extension is not correct. I try to download the latest again , it still remind the same. The extension file date is 15/8/2016.

May be the Var1 field not created. May i know howo create it ?

Hope you can advise me where i go wrong ?

Paul