Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to limit stream visiblity

Hi All,

I don't know if there was an option for this, but I would be interested to limit visibility of a stream.

What I mean is:

I have a multinode environment. I would like to create a stream (and publish apps in that stream) which is only visible if I go to the slave node hub (or central node, but only one of the access points) access point.

Would be a solution for this limitation?

Thanks,

G

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

If you wanted to something similar. Here's the answer from Qlik:

Stream can't be limited only apps can be.

So what I wanted to do is sort of impossible with the recent version (1.1) maybe in the future...

Thanks for help

Not applicable
Author

Has anyone seen an update on this?  Is the access still just tied to the user, so if the user has access to 1 of 5 streams  they only see the 1 stream no matter which node they logged into?  So essentially all nodes have all streams available, it's just up to the security rights of the user to see or not to see.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

how can be your second solution "2. Use security rules to make an app available on a specific node." implemented?

I tried to use :

Ressource Filter :      App_XXX

Actions :                   read

Conditions :              (node.name="node_a")

but it does not work

armandfrigo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Apparently the limitation is still there in 3.2 SR4.

I defined stream custom properties A & B to match with rim nodes A & B.

Since my user has access to all streams, but should see A streams on node A and B streams on node B.

This does not work sadly, user can see all streams on both nodes with a very frustrating behavior: B streams are empty on node A and A streams are empty on node B.

Node A is dedicated to IT managed apps and node B to Self-Service apps on our landscape.