Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map qlik sense 3.1

Hi everybody,

i have always the same problem with map, i do it the same think like the video of Michael Tarallo in youtube, but unfortunately I did not get the right result, for example i want to create a map with sales in france cities but he give me the result in Somalia lool.

SOS please.

souhail

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

it was the administrator of our server how block the uploading map.

thank you mike.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Souhail,

Check the location options tab, there you can indicate that the cities are French. City names can be ambiguous. Also have look at Michael Tarallos excellent videos:

Qlik GeoAnalytics Getting Started Videos

Especially this one:

Qlik GeoAnalytics - Troubleshooting a location lookup

Thanks,

Patric

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Souhail - just checking:

• You are using the new Qlik GeoAnalytics extensions correct?
  • You are NOT using the default map component.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mickael,

no i don't use the extensions, i use the default map.

regards.

souhail karoune

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Souhail can you please attach your example - in the community window editor - click on Use advanced editor

Then you will see the Attach link at the bottom

Attach your .qvf.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

thank you i correct my mistake, put longitude before latitude.

now i have another problem, in qlik sense server with the borders, the map in general he don't give me the cites and The bottom of the map.2017-02-06 14_54_30-Test_SK_01 - Cartographie _ Feuilles - Qlik Sense.png

Regards.

souhail

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Souhail -

First make sure the background map service and show switched are turned on:

If they are and you still do not see the map: this may be an issue with your internal network blocking the slippy map server. You may need to white-list a particular slippy URL.

See if any of these work for you:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/create-map.htm#Slipp...

If the do not - something may be blocking the communication going to the tile server.

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

it was the administrator of our server how block the uploading map.

thank you mike.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hell Souhail,

Awesome - can you please mark as correct as that was the correct solution to this issue?

Thank you 🙂

Regards,

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik