Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

SelectionBox with Different Languages

Hello,

My question is: How can I translated the selectionbox optiontext? IF IT IS POSSIBLE !!!!!!

I have a Qlikview Document where it is possible for users to select a language. At the moment the options are: Dutch, English, German, Danish, Polnish and Chinese. I have an excelfile DataDict with the translations, which is loaded in the script. 

For the translations I use :  = Only({<Index = {498}>} $(vLanguage)) .#LANGUAGE are the language-possibilities  and (in this case) 498 is the line in the excelfile where the translations are.

I succeed to translated almost everything in my document. Only the selections made by users and  displayed in the selectionbox is for me the big question.

F.e. If I choose DUTCH as language and 2017 as Year, everything is translated in Dutch except YEAR in the selectionbox (see jpgfile).

I can use a TextBox with the = GetCurrentSelections() Function, but there I have the same Problem and I don't have the possibilities

of a selectionbox (Status, Clear Icons, Lock Unlock etc). Using the ColumnLabels is no Option.

Looked through many Questions and Solutions here on the site , but found no answer for my question. So I hope someone can help and has the solution,

Thanks in advance

Regards Court

7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I believe you will have to duplicate your fields in your datamodel, and to achieve what you are trying to do. Eg. in your  calendar dimension you will have the fields [Year], [Jaar], [Roku] etc containing the same fieldvalues for year.

Instead of putting hard coded dimensions out in the application you will have to use calculated dimensions based on your translation document. Is this an absolute must have business need? It is a bit tricky and you need to change your dimension definition in all your objects.

marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible with native features. Of course there are very interesting Current Selection Alternatives possible but maybe this extension is more suitable: "Better Current Selections Box" with support to hide/translate fields.

- Marcus

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Read this post

Better Current Selections Box to Translate & Hide Fields (QlikTip #49)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the Response.

I Have read the document of Stefan WALTHER.

Think that’s what I need so I tried to download the example. Couldn’t find it

On the CodePlex page the download hat no releases

(Made an Account on the CodePlex page)

Court

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

the instructions are clear enough , if you have trouble post a sample and we can look into it

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello

I'm have created a new document, with the INLINE LOADS, created a Variable (Set  vSelectedLangKey = Only(LangKey);)

I use Qlikview 11.2 and have a normal Current Selection Box, so I have tried to download the Version mentioned in the article:

Download & Installation

Installation of the QlikView extension easy and straightforward, there is nothing special to take care of:

1. Download the extension
  2. Install the extension on your local computer (doubleclick the .qar file)
  3. Drag’n’Drop the extension within QlikView Desktop (using WebView)
  4. Finally deploy the extension to your server (-> detailed instruction)