Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export hidden Pivot table

Hi eveybody,

I've got a big pivot table, it has not too many rows, but it has  lot of columns and when I try to show it I see that columns are crushed and reading data is very difficult, so I'd like to hide the table and directly exprt it to excel. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Nicolò Cogno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes.

The below links is for Show/Hide object.

Qlik Branch (Show/Hide)

Qlik Branch (Export to XL)

You can use a KPI or filters default view and upon it's qlik the Pivot will show. And a Export button will send it to xl.

Or you can also use Ad-Hoc extension to Show/hide the columns

Qlik Branch (Ad-Hoc)

You'd need to add Dim/Measures to Master items and it will give you a On/Off switch for this extension, in that way you do not have too many columns as your default view but only important one's while you can export it to xl.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes.

The below links is for Show/Hide object.

Qlik Branch (Show/Hide)

Qlik Branch (Export to XL)

You can use a KPI or filters default view and upon it's qlik the Pivot will show. And a Export button will send it to xl.

Or you can also use Ad-Hoc extension to Show/hide the columns

Qlik Branch (Ad-Hoc)

You'd need to add Dim/Measures to Master items and it will give you a On/Off switch for this extension, in that way you do not have too many columns as your default view but only important one's while you can export it to xl.

Not applicable
Author

Hi and thanks for your support! I've tried everything, but only the show/hide object works. The export doesn't work and the Ad-Hoc extension works only with tables, not with Pivot tables.

I solved by reducing the size of the pivot table in order to show only title and subtitile and it can be exported to Excel by using the buil-in export command that appears when you right click on it.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

The Export to XL will work on server only. Not on desktop, even I had same problem but when you publish the app on server by providing the Object ID, you can.

Ad-Hoc will also work with Pivot. It's working for me, just tested.

Get your Object id from http://localhost:4848/dev-hub/single-configurator and enter it manually in Ad-Hoc extension.

That link for Ad Hoc also have an example App.

Not applicable
Author

Here's the problem, I'm using the Desktop version! Thanks a lot for your help, this will solve