Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension and Measure in Qlik sense map

In Qlik sense version 3.0, could add dimension for a map, and also could add a measure

However, in Qlik sense version 3.1, only could add dimension for a map

Why removing the measure option in Qlik sense map?

6 Replies
CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Haikuo - I believe is the answer (from the Help Site) :
"

Number of dimensions and measures

You can only use a single dimension type: point or area. You can create an expression in the dimension. If you add a measure from the master items to the map, the measure is added in the expression box under Data > Layers > <layer type> in the properties panel."

You can find all the information on maps in Qlik Sense here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/map.htm

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Carmen, thanks for help!

Yes, I also referred this help from Qlik help page before posting the question here. However, there is no such an option 'Data > Layers > <layer type> in the properties panel' of map object.

I am sure there is such an option in Qlik sense version 3.0 and I used it before, while in Qlik sense version 3.1, this feature is gone.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Haikuo,

The nomenclature has changed from 3.0 to 3.1, but the capabilities are the same.

My colleague suggested you go to Colors->Custom->By Measure and add measure there, which should do what you're looking to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Carmen, thanks for your help!

I would like to do two things on the map:

1: mouse the map, should show some tooltip, such as count(my_field)

2: use expression to create map color

I can do those in Qlik sense 3.0.

However, I can only use either 'by measure' or 'by expression' in the Colors->Custom part in Qlik sense 3.1, and then it is not possible to keep both the above '#1' and '#2' requirement at the same time.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Silambarasan1306
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

For Point Map, we have the option Measure.

Only polygon map, We don't have the measure option.

kowal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you find a solution?