Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

3 Services Disconnected after reboot

Hi Folks,

great way to start a Friday.

Just had a call from a client who have rebooted the QV server earlier today as is now getting:

All service are up and running, they use a domain account as the service user. We have advised them to restart the services but  to no avail.

I suspect this may be a DNS issue:

I have seen other threads that recommend changing to use Local host, but do you actually change it against the Qlikview Server Name e.g

and the same place against the other services?

bbt

Any suggestions please!!

Cheers Andy

13 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Here you go guys!

I really appreciate the help so far

Andy

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The most glaring error from QMS log is

ErrorSystem.Exception: Failed to retrieve document list from the specified QVS ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass244.<GetUserDocumentList>b__243() ||    at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.CacheItem`1.GetObject() ||    at SolutionGlobal.Collections.ThreadSafeCache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`1 createObjectFunc) ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetUserDocumentList(Guid qvsID) ||    at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.CacheDocumentAvailable()

Typically when I have run into this error, communication between QVS and the Root Folder/Mounted Folders has been interrupted. I believe this lends credence to your original suspicion of a DNS issue.

So everything was working fine yesterday and then all of a sudden the services are showing as disconnected? As Peter mentioned previously, the "Disconnected" error typically refers to accounts/permissions or network issues. How are the different QV services authenticated - via Windows security groups or certificates? If Windows security groups would check for password changes or permissions. If certificates, ensure that the certificate hasn't expired. If all of these are good, then investigate potential network issues. Would start with DNS as I previously mentioned.

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi Chip,

the Disconnected issue manifested itself after a server reboot on Friday morning.

We advised the client to change to URL to IP rather than Machine name, not heard back yet.

Intend to advise changing the Services user to a local account in Qlikview Administrator and Local Administrators groups,...

Andy

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Hi Guys,

Just done the following:

1. Updated the Lef Details – just to be sure as they were showing end date of 2017-09-29
  2. Change the Service logon user to a different domain user with the correct permissions – and restarted the services
  3. Delete the user name and password help against LDAP against the Active Directory option, this isn’t required when the service user is a domain user and appeared to have an incorrect password.
  4. Everything is now up and running

The issue appears to be a corrupted profile on the service user account, would recommend that you create a new Domain user to run the services as a member of local administrators and Qlikview Administrators

Yippee, thanks for the pointers guys!

Happy Andy